At Westbrook, we are committed to providing our students with every opportunity to grow academically and spiritually. Our family-centered, Scripture-based approach to education has a well-established legacy of excellence.
Westbrook Christian School exists to provide each student with sound academic training in a solid Christian environment. Students are exposed to the source of all knowledge and truth through a Christ-centered curriculum in an atmosphere filled with the Holy Spirit. The goal is to maximize the potential of each student academically and spiritually.
This will enable each student to be a continual source of significant and positive influence for Jesus Christ on the journey toward adulthood as a lifetime learner.
Learning Aimed at Excellence - Maximizing Potential - Training Warriors for Christ!
- God is the sovereign active Lord over all reality and the Creator of the universe.
- God is the source of all truth.
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant word of God and is our supreme and final authority.
- Man is sinful by nature and in need of redemption.
- Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
- Prayer strengthens the relationship with God.
- Each student is a unique creation with individual gifts that can be developed and maximized to fulfill God’s plan for each life.
- Every teacher should be a born-again believer and should be comfortable sharing the gospel in an age-appropriate way.
- The curriculum should have, as its basis, a Biblical world view.
- Students should be provided a variety of instructional strategies to maximize their God-given potential.
- Students learn most effectively in a safe environment.
- Students should take personal responsibility for their behavior and personal integrity.
- The school/parent relationship is important in providing a team approach to education, while understanding that the parents are ultimately responsible for their child(ren).
- Commitment to continuous school improvement is imperative.
Our Educational Philosophy
Westbrook Christian School uses the Christian school environment to meet the needs of the whole child — academically, spiritually, emotionally, creatively, and physically. We are keenly focused on giving each of our students the academic foundation, deep faith, and personal strength to achieve their goals, desires, and aspirations.
Westbrook Christian School’s comprehensive educational program begins with kindergarten where young students are taught by loving, nurturing teachers who make school a wonderful place to learn and grow.
Throughout the elementary years, a carefully prescribed curriculum is built around English, mathematics, science, literature, and social studies, and enhanced by enrichment courses in music, art, physical education, and computer science.
Westbrook’s middle and high school levels follow carefully designed curricula with advanced placement, dual enrollment, and honors and basic courses in major disciplines. These solid, well-rounded academic programs prepare students to have the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and will to use their gifts for the maximum glory of God.
Block scheduling, individualized instruction, honors courses, resource classes, advanced diplomas, and emphasis on the basics ensure students are given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. WCS students consistently perform above the national average on standardized tests and other assessments.
Westbrook fields teams in football, volleyball, girls’ and boys’ basketball, cross country track, indoor and outdoor track and field, girls’ and boys’ soccer, golf, tennis, and baseball. WCS is a member of the Alabama High School Athletic Association.
Tuition covers the basic cost of the education students receive and is determined each year by the board of directors. Additional school funding comes from contributions and endowment earnings. To make the school accessible to more students, monthly payment plans are available.
Fine Arts and Clubs
Students have many opportunities to develop their minds and pursue areas of interest such as Scholar’s Bowl, dance line, praise team, band, and yearbook staff. Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, and Beta Club recognize academic excellence while the Key Club and Student Government Association encourage leadership and community service.
The Westbrook Christian School faculty and staff are a dedicated team of degreed and certified professionals providing a model of both spiritual and academic excellence. Our talented faculty members have strong subject-matter backgrounds and are also gifted teachers. Fifty-four percent hold or are working toward graduate degrees, and the average tenure of our faculty members is 11 years.
The overall student/teacher ratio is 14:1. Actual class size depends on the grade, branch, and course. Our small class size allows our teachers to present each child with all of the wonders, complexity, and grandeur of God’s creation while also preparing them for academic achievement.
Westbrook Christian School is a 3K through 12th grade non-denominational Christian school that is a ministry partner with Big Oak Ranch for the purpose of providing a quality Christian education. Committed to remaining a Christ-centered educational facility, our administrators, faculty, and staff meet together and pray daily for the needs of the students, for guidance in decision making, and for direction in the educational process. WCS is governed by the Lord working through board members, administrators, faculty, and staff who acknowledge the calling and leadership in their lives.
Westbrook Christian School is accredited by Cognia. Diplomas from Cognia accredited schools are readily accepted by all two and four year colleges in Alabama.
Tradition of Excellence
- Small, safe, nurturing family environment
- Faith-based, Christian philosophy of education
- Average class size of 16 students
- Maximum enrollment of 800 students – 3K-12th grade
- National Merit Program – Consistent Commended Students and Finalists
- Accredited by AdvancED
- AP/Honors Classes
- Every teacher is degreed and certified.
- Average tenure of teachers is 10 years.
Five-year average: 80%
89% of the 2022 senior class earned scholarships totaling $2,150,788.
84% of the 2021 senior class earned scholarships totaling $ 6,146,414.
77% of the 2020 senior class earned scholarships totaling $ 3,777,484.
85% of the 2019 senior class earned scholarships totaling $ 2,814,785.
65% of the 2018 senior class earned scholarships totaling $ 1,106,631.
- ACT and SAT scores have exceeded the state and national average.
- Stanford Achievement and ACT Aspire scores have exceeded state and national averages.
- 98% of Westbrook’s graduates have enrolled in college.
- 58% of graduating seniors have received scholarship offers from some of the nation’s most respected colleges and universities. These include: