Mrs. Neal, Guidance Counselor

Mrs. Neal, Guidance Counselor

Good News!

Westbrook Christian School students can earn college credit while in high school! There are two options for doing this.

One option is with the University of Alabama. UA Early College offers online classes during the school year and then students can go on campus to take classes during the summer. This can start as early as Spring Semester of 10th grade. These classes can be taken for college credit only or as dual enrollment. Dual enrollment classes are included on the high school transcript. Classes for college credit only are not reported to us for the high school transcript. Students and parents who would like more information about UA Early College can get a packet in Mrs. Mintz’s office.

Another option is with Gadsden State Community College. There are five classes available on the Westbrook campus. They are English 101, English 102, US History I and US History II and General Psychology. Juniors and seniors have the option of going to the Gadsden State campus to take classes.These classes can start after sophomore year for students with an overall B average. Classes on the Gadsden State campus can be taken as dual enrollment or as accelerated classes. Dual Enrollment class grades are reported to Westbrook and included on the Westbrook transcript. Accelerated classes are not reported to Westbrook and are for college credit only.

Seniors must remember to request transcripts from the colleges in order to receive college credit. This must be done at the end of the senior year.

For more information about either option, please feel free to contact Mrs. Neal (256-442-7457 ext. 2303)

Rachel Neal, Guidance Counselor –


Kim Mintz, Jr/Sr Counselor

Kim Mintz, Jr/Sr Counselor   

I am so excited to be at Westbrook Christian School.  I will be concentrating on our junior and senior students as they apply for college. Senior meetings will be scheduled soon – so watch for more information.

A Few Reminders: 
• Many college deadlines are December 1. Check the colleges where you plan to apply and make sure everything is at those admissions offices by that college’s deadline.

• To send your transcript to a college, complete a “Transcript Request” form – (folder in box on my office door) at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline for the colleges where you plan to apply.

• ACT scores must be officially sent directly from ACT to the college/university. Go to for this.

• The FAFSA application, that determines qualification for federal grants and student low interest loans, should be completed online January 1 – March 1, 2016.

• Once you’ve been accepted to a college, remember to check for departmental scholarships in the area of your major.


If you have questions, do not hesitate to call the school office or email me at

Kim Mintz, Guidance Counselor -